Monday, May 12, 2008

You are not forgotten



She died on 16 March after her father discovered she had been seen in public talking to Paul, considered to be the enemy, the invader and a Christian. Though her horrified mother, Leila Hussein, called Rand’s two brothers, Hassan, 23, and Haydar, 21, to restrain Abdel-Qader as he choked her with his foot on her throat, they joined in. Her shrouded corpse was then tossed into a makeshift grave without ceremony as her uncles spat on it in disgust.




In the words of an unrepentant Father:




Death was the least she deserved,’ said Abdel-Qader. ‘I don’t regret it. I had the support of all my friends who are fathers, like me, and know what she did was unacceptable to any Muslim that honours his religion,’ he said.
Sitting on a chair by his front door and surrounded by the gerberas and white daisies he had planted in the family garden, Abel-Qader attempted to justify his actions.
‘I don’t have a daughter now, and I prefer to say that I never had one. That girl humiliated me in front of my family and friends. Speaking with a foreign solider, she lost what is the most precious thing for any woman. ‘People from western countries might be shocked, but our girls are not like their daughters that can sleep with any man they want and sometimes even get pregnant without marrying. Our girls should respect their religion, their family and their bodies.
‘I have only two boys from now on. That girl was a mistake in my life. I know God is blessing me for what I did,’ he said, his voice swelling with pride. ‘My sons are by my side, and they were men enough to help me finish the life of someone who just brought shame to ours.’
The entire article can be found here at the Observer



Honor Killing.

What is so honorable about this?


Rand, you will not be forgotten. Your story has touched thousands and we will not forget you.


This despicable behavior happens all over. it happens here too. I'm sure you all remember Amina And Sarah Said. Our American Daughters slain by their father.


This is not just an Arab cultural issue. This is an Islamic issue. Their concept of honor is repugnant. I trust these maggots that commit these crimes will rot in hell for their actions.

.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, these crimes both pre-date Islam and occur in families of other faiths, as well (e.g., Druze, Hindu, Sikh).

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"

Mjolnir said...

Ms. Sheeley,
that is definitely true, but they continue to use their religion as an excuse to commit these crimes.