Wednesday, December 2, 2009

To Support and Defend...

H/T: Jesse

This is axactly the message that us Oathkeepers are trying to get out.

excerpt:

When our soldiers enlist, they are given an oath to swear, this is a similar oath to what the Police in this nation are given to swear. The following is the Military Oath. “"I, John or Jane Doe, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).
In addition, this is the generally accepted Law enforcement oath. “On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution my community and the agency I serve.”

Go read the rest at Cochise County Libertarian Examiner

And check out Jesse's blog too. Is the World Ready for This?

And tell him I sent you.

...

No comments: