Friday, January 22, 2010

The Weather Down Here...

Sucks.

We've had non-stop rain for 2 days, not cold enough for snow, just cold enough to make it freakin' miserable. With wind gusts up to 85mph overnight and pouring down rain...makes for really sucky weather.

I live out in the sticks, so to speak and the county hasn't done any maintenance on the road I live on since I moved out there 6 years ago.

Now during monsoon season, usually July- August we get alot of rain, but I have never seen the accumulation of water like I have over the last couple of days. There's mini lakes where there normally isn't even a puddle. in fact our usual lake sized water holes in the road are even more massive than usual. I almost didn't make it out to work this morning...that with a 4-wheel drive pickup truck.... Yeah...

So last night the county just west of us, Pima county had a Tornado warning going on...highly unusual here.

And to top it off, looks like we may have the snow line drop to between 3,000 to 4,000 ft. this afternoon. So our snow day will actually be on my day off...grrrrr. A guy can't catch a break.

So, luckily my roof is still intact and looks like we're gonna get snow today sometime.

Maybe I'll be able to have a snowman in my front yard when I get home today...hehehe.

Well, I hope anyways, it would be nice to have some positive aspect to this crappy weather.

Mjolnir out.

...

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

The usual reply would be to say, "It could be worse." I won't say that; it's bad enough already.

Stay safe, sir.

Mjolnir said...

I realize the weather is more extreme in your neck of the woods...lol.

But yes...it could be worse, it could always be worse...

And thank you sir, I will stay safe