Monday, September 20, 2010

Update from Big Sky Country

I have way too many pictures to think of posting them all here.

But Day 1 was 39 degrees and with fog as thick as pea soup...so nothing from day 1.


We stayed in Red Lodge on the first day and Day 2 we headed towards Yellowstone.

Welcome to Yellowstone!




Northeast entrance to Yellowstone.


We saw some mountain goats on the way in, but they only look like little white specks on my camera...go figure.


We saw some buffalo...no ALOT of buffalo on the way in.


This is only the first of several herds we saw on our way to Mammoth Springs.

Pretty amazing. There are no pictures that could possibly do this place justice. This is definitely God's Country.

I should have more time this week to post some pics since I'm now on the Reservation and I don't think we're going to do a whole lot more driving around. But today is errand day.

And it's time for Breakfast!

...

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Congrats! You've found the entrance to God's Country - now come the rest of the way north to the main attraction.

Okay, just kidding. Those pics are great - I'm glad you're having a good time.

Home on the Range said...

The buffalo still take my breath away. Enjoy.