Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs...

I have alot of people to tip my hat to for this.
Bashman over at Pat Dollard, Steve in NC for the link to this article.
And most importantly to LTC. Dave Grossman, U.S. Army (Ret.).

With all the commotion surrounding the recent shootings in Colorado, the 2nd amendment is getting some positive press for a change.

First and foremost, Thank You to Jeanne Assam for being a vigilant protector (sheepdog) of the sheep around her. She courageously neutralized the wolf at the door, one Matthew Murray.

The sheep of our nation are afraid of the wolves, but they seem to be more afraid of their sheepdogs...never could understand that, but LTC Grossman explained it very well in his article entitled On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs.

I highly encourage you to follow the link to the article above and read this article, it is probably the best explanation of the fear and paranoia of the masses and the best argument for our 2nd amendment rights I've ever read. Some of us want to help and protect our "sheep" and we are demonized for it. I won't even attempt to summarize this article, it's fantastic and a must read.

I guess, acording to LTC Grossman, I must be a sheepdog.
I can live with that.

To all my fellow sheepdogs, "Die with your boots on!"

No comments: