Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Wreaths Across America"


Rest easy, sleep well my brothers.
Know the line has held, your job is done.
Rest easy, sleep well.
Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.
Peace, peace, and farewell …
I realize this is a story that's been in the media alot and has gotten yet more national coverage...as well as internet coverage as well.

I have to give a hat tip to Villainous Company for this though. I have to say she has the best post I've seen to date on this project.

The entire article from USA Today is here... I have to admit that reading it touched me down to my very soul. My eyes even got a little bit damp reading this.

At this time of the year when we find ourselves wanting the company of our families and many of us whose family memebers cannot be with us because they paid the cost for our freedoms, I urge all of you to take some time and reflect on the citizens who answered the nation's call to protect and defend this great nation. My prayers go out to all of those who have suffered the pain of loss.

Merry Christmas to you. And remember our fallen.

No comments: